To ensure a successful exam, please follow all instructions carefully. Please bring a list of all your current medications, including any over-the-counter medications with you. If you must reschedule or cancel your appointment, please call 907-569-1333.
SEVEN DAYS BEFORE TEST
- Please notify our nursing staff if you have had any major health or medication changes since scheduling your procedure.
- If you have been directed to stop taking your stomach medications, i.e. Aciphex, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, etc., please stop taking them 7 days prior to your procedure. If you are unsure which medications to stop, please call our office staff at 907-569-1333.
- Do not take over-the-counter acid reducing medications 24 hours prior to your scheduled test, unless otherwise instructed. You will need to keep a diary stating medication and time taken. Be sure to bring the diary with you to the study.
DAY OF TEST
- No solid foods after midnight
- May have clear liquids up to two (2) hours prior to study
- You will be going home with a small tube in your nose. After 24 hours, you will return to the study facility to have the tube removed. Be sure to bring your completed diary.
- The procedure will take approximately one hour the first day and 15 minutes on the second day. You will check in 10 minutes prior to your Appointment.