LACTULOSE/LACTOSE TESTING| Preparation Instructions
To ensure a successful exam, please follow all instructions carefully.
- Please notify our office if you have recently been on antibiotic therapy (within the last 2 weeks), experienced runny diarrhea, or had a colonoscopy.
ONE DAY BEFORE TEST
- 24 hours before the test do not eat the following:
- Grain products, i.e.: pasta, whole grains, high fiber cereals
- Fruits, i.e., whole fruit, fruit juice, and dried fruit.
- Vegetables and vegetable juice
- Nuts, seeds, beans, and other legumes
- All dairy products, except for eggs
- Starches or any products that contain milk sugar, such as: milk, yogurt, sour cream, and ice cream.
- Avoid all products that contain corn, i.e., pastas, meat, bread, etc.
- Nothing to eat or drink 12 hours prior to test, except for water.
- NO MEDICATIONS 12 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR TEST.
- Do not sleep, exercise, or use any tobacco products for at least one hour prior to test, or at any time during the testing process.