ONE WEEK BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home. If you do not have a ride arranged, we will not be able to perform the procedure. Public transportation is only allowed with an adult escort.
- Call your pharmacy prior to picking up the prep to ensure they have the prescription.
- Blood-thinning medications may need to be discontinued. Take your last dose of on
May continue to take regular medications, unless instructed by provider or nursing staff
- Prescription Iron pills
- Seeds, nuts, tomatoes, berries, corn, popcorn, and breads with seeds or nut
- Stop Taking
TWO DAYS BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Obtain Covid Test
ONE DAY BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Start clear liquid diet. No solid foods, dairy or non-dairy products, juices with pulp, red or purple colors, and alcohol.
- Clear Liquids include: Water, Apple Juice, Gatorade, Broth, Jello, Popsicles, soda, etc.
Mix bowel prep solution at 6:00 PM:
- SUPREP contains two 6 oz. bottles. You will drink one bottle the night before the colonoscopy and the second bottle the morning of the colonoscopy.
Start drinking prep at 6:00 pm
- Pour one 6 oz. bottle of SUPREP liquid into the mixing container.
- Add cool drinking water to the 16 oz. line on the container and mix.
- Drink all the liquid in the container
- After finishing the container, you MUST drink two (2) more 16 oz. containers of water over the next 1 hour.
Patients that are Diabetic
- Evening Dose Only: Take ½ the dose of your diabetic medication(s) the day before your procedure
- No dose the day of the procedure
DAY OF COLONOSCOPY
- Continue clear liquid diet–No Solid Food.
Start drinking prep four (4) hours prior to procedure time:
- Follow the prep instructions as listed above.
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK Three (3) HOURS