Alaska Digestive and Liver Disease provides compassionate and high-quality medical care to patients through comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of digestive disorders. Drs. Daryl McClendon, MD, Jeffrey Molloy, MD, Austin Nelson, MD, and Martin P. Kaszubowski, MD are board certified adult internists and gastroenterologists who specialize in disorders of the digestive tract including, but not limited to, gastroesophageal reflux disease, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, peptic ulcer disease, diseases of the liver, bile duct and pancreas. They are also skilled endoscopists who perform many diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including colon cancer screening exams at the Alaska Digestive Center, Providence Alaska Medical Center and Alaska Regional Hospital and Surgery Center of Wasilla. Our office is on the Creekside Campus of Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage and we also have a satellite office in Eagle River.
All professionals at Alaska Digestive and Liver Disease maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
Fellows are a special group of doctors who are dedicated to continuing education in medical practice, teaching, or research. A fellowship is an honorary designation given to recognize ongoing individual service and contributions to the practice of medicine.
Fellowship in a medical specialty organization is a mark of distinction. Ultimately, it says your doctor cares about delivering good health care.
Fellowship means that as a patient you can have confidence in your doctor. Through continual self-improvement and study, he or she adds to the knowledge and skills needed to deliver appropriate care for your medical needs, whether directly to you or with other specialists.
Your doctor is:
- Board Certified. Certification requires having satisfactorily completed an approved postgraduate training program in a medical specialty and passage of a rigorous 2-day examination.
- Recognized by other Fellows for excellence and skill in medical practice, teaching, or research.
- Pledged to keep current with the latest advances in medicine.
- Committed to professional activities and patient care.
- Recommended by other Fellows who must attest to their character, ethics, and excellence in professional medical activities.