ONE WEEK BEFORE UPPER ENDOSCOPY
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home. If you do not have a ride arranged, we will not be able to perform the procedure. Public transportation is only allowed with an adult escort.
- Blood-thinning medications may need to be discontinued. Take your last dose of on
- May continue to take regular medications, unless instructed by provider or nursing staff
- Prescription Iron pills
TWO DAYS BEFORE UPPER ENDOSCOPY
- Obtain Covid Test
ONE DAY BEFORE UPPER ENDOSCOPY
Patients that are Diabetic
- Evening Dose Only: Take ½ the dose of your diabetic medication(s) the day before your procedure
- No dose the day of the procedure
DAY OF UPPER ENDOSCOPY
- No solid foods after midnight
- Start clear liquid diet- No solid foods, dairy or non-dairy products, juices with pulp, red or purple colors, and alcohol.
Clear Liquids include: Water, Apple Juice, Gatorade, Broth, Jell-O, Popsicles, soda, hard candies, etc.
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK THREE (3) HOURS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE TIME.