FibroScan®: Painless, Accurate, Noninvasive Way to Assess Liver Health
Alaska Digestive and Liver Disease, a leader in healthcare management, now offers FibroScan® to assess liver health and support early detection and management of liver disease.
Liver disease, such as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), is associated with obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes and other metabolic risk factors. One in three Americans have liver disease.
Maintaining good liver health is important to your overall health. That’s why physicians at Alaska Digestive and Liver Disease use FDA-approved FibroScan®:
- Quick: takes just 10-minutes
- Noninvasive and painless
FibroScan: How it works
- The patients lie comfortably on an exam table
- The medical professional applies a water-based gel on the patient’s skin and places the Fibroscan® probe on the right side of the ribcage
- The medical professional then takes 10 quick, painless measurements
- Results are immediate for the physician to interpret
For more information about FibroScan® at Alaska Digestive and Liver Disease please call (907) 569-1333.