ONE WEEK BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home. If you do not have a ride arranged, we will not be able to perform the procedure. Public transportation is only allowed with an adult escort.
- Call your pharmacy prior to picking up the prep to ensure they have the prescription.
- Blood-thinning medications may need to be discontinued. Take your last dose of on
May continue to take regular medications, unless instructed by provider or nursing staff
- Prescription Iron pills
- Seeds, nuts, tomatoes, berries, corn, popcorn, and breads with seeds or nut
- Stop Taking
TWO DAYS BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Obtain Covid Test
ONE DAY BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Start clear liquid diet. No solid foods, milk products, non-dairy creamer, juice with pulp, red or purple liquids, chewing gum, and alcohol.
- Clear Liquids Include: Broth, Jell-O, Popsicles, Soda, Lemonade, Gatorade, Apple Juice, hard candies, etc.
Bowel prep solution:
- CLENPIQ contains two bottles. You will drink bottle 1 the night before the colonoscopy and bottle 2 the morning of the colonoscopy.
- BOTTLE 1: Start at 6:00 PM
- After finishing bottle 1, drink FIVE (5) 8 oz. (upper line) cups of clear liquid over the next 5 hours.
- Nausea is common while drinking prep. If this occurs, stop drinking for 30 minutes before restarting. Walking around may help relieve nausea.
- To prevent irritation, you may apply Vaseline, Desitin, zinc oxide to the anal area. Reapply after each bowel movement. You may also want to use baby wipes or Tucks pads to help with irritation.
- Drink Plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration
DAY OF COLONOSCOPY
- Continue clear liquid diet–No Solid Food.
- Start drinking prep four (4) hours prior to procedure time:
- Follow the prep instructions as listed above.
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK THREE HOURS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE TIME.