ONE WEEK BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home. If you do not have a ride arranged, we will not be able to perform the procedure. Public transportation is only allowed with an adult escort.
- Call your pharmacy prior to picking up the prep to ensure they have the prescription.
- Blood-thinning medications may need to be discontinued. Take your last dose of on
May continue to take regular medications, unless instructed by provider or nursing staff
- Prescription Iron pills
- Seeds, nuts, tomatoes, berries, corn, popcorn, and breads with seeds or nut
- Stop Taking
TWO DAYS BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Obtain Covid Test
ONE DAY BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Start clear liquid diet. No solid foods, red or purple liquids, chewing gum, and alcohol.
- Clear Liquids include: Water, Apple Juice, Gatorade, Broth, Jell-O, Popsicles, soda, etc.
Mix bowel prep solution:
- Fill the container with lukewarm water to the fill line and put into the refrigerator to chill.
Begin drinking the first half of the bowel prep solution around 6:00 pm. Drink 8 oz. every 10-15 minutes until first half is gone.
- Take 4 (four) Ducolax tablets with your first glass of GOLYTELY.
- After finishing half of the prep, drink two (2) 8 oz. glasses of water & continue clear liquids.
- Bowel movements should be watery.
Patients that are Diabetic
- Evening Dose Only: Take ½ the dose of your diabetic medication(s) the day before your procedure
- No dose the day of the procedure
DAY OF COLONOSCOPY
- Continue clear liquid diet–No Solid Food.
Start drinking prep four (4) hours prior to procedure time:
- Follow the prep instructions as listed above;
- No Dulcolax tablets will be needed with second half of prep.
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK THREE (3) HOURS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE TIME.