HELICOBACTER BREATH TEST| Preparation Instructions
To ensure a successful exam, please follow all instructions carefully.
- Please notify our office if you have recently been on antibiotic therapy (within the last 2 weeks).
TWO WEEKS BEFORE TEST
- No antibiotics or bismuth (Pepto Bismol) two weeks before your test.
- No proton pump inhibitors (Prevacid, Prilosec, Protonix, Nexium, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Aciphex) or Sucralfate (Carafate) two weeks before your test.
DAY OF TEST
- Nothing to eat or drink 6 hours before your test.
- Do not take any medications the morning of the test.