ONE WEEK BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home. If you do not have a ride arranged, we will not be able to perform the procedure. Public transportation is only allowed with an adult escort.
- Call your pharmacy prior to picking up the prep to ensure they have the prescription.
- Blood-thinning medications may need to be discontinued. Take your last dose of on
May continue to take regular medications, unless instructed by provider or nursing staff
- Prescription Iron pills
- Seeds, nuts, tomatoes, berries, corn, popcorn, and breads with seeds or nut
- Stop Taking
TWO DAYS BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Obtain Covid Test
ONE DAY BEFORE COLONOSCOPY
- Start clear liquid diet. No solid foods, dairy or non-dairy products, juices with pulp, red or purple colors, and alcohol.
- Clear Liquids include: Water, Apple Juice, Gatorade, Broth, Jell-O, Popsicles, soda, etc.
Mix bowel prep solution at 6:00 PM:
- Use the mixing container to mix the contents of the Dose 1 pouch with at least 16 ounces of cool water by shaking or using a spoon until it’s completely dissolved. This may take up to 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take your time- slowly finish the dose within 30 minutes.
- Refill the container with at least 16 ounces of the clear liquid of your choice. Again, take your time and slowly finish all of it within 30 minutes
- Continue clear liquid diet throughout the evening (NO SOLID FOOD)
Patients that are Diabetic
- Evening Dose Only: Take ½ the dose of your diabetic medication(s) the day before your procedure.
- No dose the day of the procedure.
DAY OF COLONOSCOPY
- Continue clear liquid diet–No Solid Food.
- Start drinking prep four (4) hours prior to procedure time:
- Use the mixing container to mix the contents of Dose 2 (Pouch A and Pouch B) with at least 16 ounces of cool water.
- Repeat ALL the steps above.
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK Three (3) HOURS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE.